Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I'm going back to China!


After a quick count, it's been four years since Janine and I were last in Changchun...and two or three weeks ago I found out that my new sculpture designs had been accepted for the '2012 International Ceramics Symposium' at the 'China Changchun World Sculpture Conference. YEAH!

Bella is the hardest part about leaving for 4 weeks.


The last couple of months have been tough and I have been working hard to get new work finished and get everything organised before I go. I had a brilliant kiln firing last week and I have chosen a select few pieces to take with me to the 'Peoples Republic' the rest I am setting free when I get back.

I love this dude but he's too big for the plane!

Try and work out the puzzle tile in the background.


I left China last time without seeing my sculpture 'Kaituna', a 3m bronze, finished. According to my friends who have seen it complete she is waiting for me, sitting on the banks of the lake in the Changchun International Sculpture Park not far from Rodin's sculpture 'The Thinker".

Might put one of these new guys in my suitcase?

Fly away my pretty.


I am really looking forward to renewing old friendships, eating Chinese food, drinking Chinese tea, making sculpture and sharing it here with you on this blog.


I'll post some more photos soon so watch this space.

Cheers
Sam



No comments: